About Me

My photo
Hi, I'm Jess. I've decided to join the blog world in an attempt to keep myself accountable for the weight loss journey I'm about to embark upon. In short, I'm a new mommy but these are not all new pounds and I'm preparing for the battle ahead.

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Gaining Confidence

My weigh in on Monday had me down 2.0lbs.  I was hoping for a little more but since Aunt Flo arrived for a visit this morning, I probably shouldn't be too hard on myself.  Such a wonderful addition to weight loss....to get slapped by fluctuations of water that are out of our control yet we still seem to think we should be able to overcome.  I have stuck with my points and am feeling more confident that I am going to be able to keep my eating under control for the first time since I was about 7 months pregnant!  I even started a cake course on Sunday and didn't spend the afternoon eating all that I had made! 

I'm struggling with drinking enough water right now.  Perhaps it's from my pregnancy days and getting very sick of drinking nothing but water and milk - blah.  Perhaps that's just an excuse.  But really, I just have no desire to drink water and I know how important it is, not only for weight loss, but for my skin, and health in general.  Someone needs to figure out a way to make water more exciting.  Crystal Lite has done a good job but I find myself partial to the flavours that aren't available in Canada, like Fruit Punch, yum!

I've decided on a goal.  I would like to hit the 10lb loss mark by Thanksgiving.  With many family events, I would love to feel confident attending.  Currently, I get upset everytime I have to leave my house for a place that track pants and bulky sweaters are inappropriate.  I stress over what to wear and try different outfits, nixing them all and engaging in several rounds of beating myself down with negative thoughts.  It usually ends in me realizing I have no choice but to go and after giving myself one final disapproving look, I remind myself my daughter was worth it and that I won't feel like this forever, that I am working towards a change.  It would probably do me good to go out and buy some clothes that fit, that I feel look good but I fear this will only interfere with my overall goal.  I feel this will somehow be admitting defeat and accepting the size I am currently at.  I want to continue to work towards fitting back into the clothes I once felt somewhat confident in.  Perhaps this is the wrong way to approach this though? 

I'm just not sure.  But, the baby is crying and it's time to jump into momma mode.
Til next time,

Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment