About Me

My photo
Hi, I'm Jess. I've decided to join the blog world in an attempt to keep myself accountable for the weight loss journey I'm about to embark upon. In short, I'm a new mommy but these are not all new pounds and I'm preparing for the battle ahead.

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Success At Last!

After beginning just over a week ago, I have finally had a successful day in meeting my 3 step plan - I stayed within my points, drank all of my water, and exercised!  Hallelujiah!  I felt great going to bed last night and even avoided the annoying little man that lives in our candy dish and calls to me when I pass by the kitchen table.  I also discovered that pushing a "14lb meatloaf" in a stroller on a very windy day is quite the workout!

Tonight's challenge is dinner at my parent's.  A standing date for just over 3 years now.  Wednesday nights my brother has his daughter and so we come together for a family dinner.  Now the food cooked is generally not the problem although it is carb loaded.  When you come from a Scottish background that's how you live - meat and potatoes, with bread and butter on the side!  But, carbs aside, I lived at home when I first did weight watchers so my parents are very well trained!  My mom will take out boiled potatoes for me before adding the milk/butter to mash the rest and will save me some veggies that have not been cooked in butter and garlic.  So as long as I watch portion control, I can make it out just fine.  The real challenge is timing.  My brother tends to be the "chef extraordinaire" on these nights and unfortunately his creative process is far too slow for my liking!  I find myself so hungry waiting for dinner to be ready that I begin to snack on the various things around my parents house....candy dish, chips, cookies.....bah!  I've asked repeatedly for him to try to have dinner ready at a decent hour....7pm is not an appropriate dinner time in my world....but alas, I get told to be thankful he's cooking and pretty much "shut it".  I realize there is a simple solution - grab an apple to fill me up.  Unfortunately, that sounds completely unappetizing on most days so the simple solution loses out to more tasty options of satisfying hunger....and thus, the cycle continues! 

We added squash to my daughter's food repertoire this morning with great success.  Her first look was definitely one of "what the hell are you feeding me" but then she gobbled up the rest so momma's happy yet again! 

1 comment: